Form a band online, promote your music, buy custom beats, sound parts, and share your Beat or Track as a Royalty Free loop with us. Collaborate to make beats online with the best loop makers from around the world on the Forum for musicians and beat makers. Keep up to date with Music News and learn from FL Studio Video Tutorials and the articles on the Blog. Free DAW Music Software downloads, VST and Instrument Packs for FL Studio, Pro Tools, Logic, Ableton, and how to use the most popular free DAW Software, Fruity Loop Plugins, MIDIs and more.
Twisted Wave is to audio editors, what GarageBand is to budding music producers. It is a portable audio editing applicaton for Apple users. Built for iOS, you can have the application installed on your iPad or iPhone. Twisted Wave is available on Apple’s App Store.The application is not yet available for Android devices.
The waveform is updated in real time and is incredibly responsive.
UNDO and REDO features work instantly even on slightly older Apple devices, making it very user-friendly.
Just like Apple’s GarageBand, Twisted Wave can be learned quickly by beginners. It is much simpler than GarageBand and thus also recommended for vocalists.
The application comes with many effects in the form of both audio units and VST plug-ins. You may create, edit and save and edit unlimited number of effect stacks.
Keyboard shortcuts can be customized according to your preference.
It also offers streamlined instruction execution, like its best competitors.
You can toy with the audio quickly. Copy or paste, amplify or normalize to regulate the sound levels, add fade-ins or fade-outs, apply different types of filters to control the lower or higher frequencies.
You may directly upload audio using FTP. You may configure FTP accounts as well.
The application allows you to send files compressed in the AAC format.
How to use Twisted Wave
What makes Twisted Wave unique is its ability to cope with very large files. This ability is absent in most of the free audio editors we have discussed before, including Ocenaudio. You don’t need to wait until Twisted Wave has finished loading a file. You may to instantly start playing back your audio after applying an effect, or even start applying the next effect.
To begin with, load an existing audio file, or create an empty document.
For that, create a replacement document by selecting File / New from the main menu. In the New Document Settings window, you are asked to select your bit depth, sample rate and number of audio channels.
If you don’t wish to start with an empty document, you may open an existing audio file, and begin working on it. Select File / Open from the main menu.
Now, you can work with the Waveform using zooming and panning tools.
You may start recording by selecting Audio / Start Recording from the menu, or by pressing the Record button from the toolbar. Another recording mode is accessible by selecting Audio / Punch-In Recording.
After that, from the Select Menu and choose Edit Selection. The selection editor allows user to enter numerical values for the beginning, end besides the size. Simply entering a numerical value like 5 corresponds to 5 seconds. For example, you can enter 1m14 to point one minute and fourteen seconds.
Click on Select / Edit Cursor, or find it on the toolbar
Advanced selection- Instead of selecting a segment, applying the effect, selecting another area, and reapplying the effect, you shall select all the areas directly, preview the desired effect on all of them, and apply it.
Select Auto reach crossing from the main menu and enable it. Now the choice gets automatically extended by some samples to the subsequent zero crossings of the wave at its edges.
10. Click Select and choose Detect Silences. When the silence detector is open, it will automatically analyse the audio file, and detect the silence portions. Now, you shall perform any of the following actions from the pop-up:
Select Silences- This selection will select the parts of the audio containing silence.
Select Sounds- This does the exact opposite.
Place Markers- Markers are going to be automatically placed at the beginning and end of every detected silence segment.
Delete Silences- All the silences are deleted.
Delete Silences and Mark-all the silences are deleted, and a markers are going to be placed where the cuts were made.
11. Expert Silence Detector- if the easy silence detector fails to detect the silences contained within the audio file, you should switch to the "Expert mode" where a variety of parameters like Threshold, minimum silence duration, minimum sound duration and left and right padding allow you precisely detect silence.
12. Once you select Delete Silences and Mark the detected areas, split the file and export all the parts separated by markers from the main menu, Markers / Split by Markers.
13. Detecting transients enables Twisted Wave to automatically detect the individual shots within the file. The operation Select / Move Cursor to Transient, available with the key by default, moves the cursor to the subsequent transient within the file.
Wave comes with a Special Pasting feature. Go to the Edit menu and
select Special Paste. What makes the special paste option special is
its ability to automatically fade in and out the contents of the
15. In order to use a crossfade in Twisted Wave, simply select the region you would like to delete, and choose Edit/Delete and Crossfade. A window will pop-up asking you the duration of the crossfade. You may then proceed to combine the audio segments/regions [before and after the deleted region].
16. You may find that simply playing a variety is not any enough to create accurate selections, and this is often where scrubbing comes handy.
17. Scrubbing gives you more control on the position of the playhead, allowing you to concentrate on specific segments of the audio to get a clear idea of where a particular sound is located in the waveform. The option is enabled by clicking and dragging the mouse within the rulers. Three scrubbing modes will be selected from the preferences window [Repeat, velocity and position].
this, let us start using the effects. Firstly, select the amplify
effect to regulate the volume. Now choose “Normalize to"
effect to indicate what level is being normalized.
19. Now move on to Fade in, fade out effects that will continually adjust the sound levels of the chosen region. When applying a fade-in, the volume level gradually increases to its original level. A turn does the opposite, and reduces the degree to zero.
20. With “Loop Crossfade", the top of the sample is crossfaded with the begining. The resulting sample will be played seamlessly in a loop.
21. All the channel manipulation functions are grouped within the Edit menu. Some basic functions allow you to feature or remove channels, and convert the audio to mono or stereo. Select the menu Edit / Reorder Channel.
Effects / Learn Noise Profile from the main menu for Noise
Reduction. Now, select the entire file, or simply the part you would
like to get rid of noises. Then choose Effects / Denoise.
23. In some cases, you may want an Audio Unit or VST plugin to be applied not just to at least one document. A VU meter, as an example, may well be useful for all the documents you may be engaged on.
24. Click on the Save button at the top of the plugin window. You can also access saved presets from the Load Preset pop-up button.
25. With the effect stacks, Twisted Wave makes it convenient to group plugins together. Select New Effect Stack from the results menu, and Twisted Wave opens an empty window. The Add Effect menu allows you to settle on the Audio Unit or VST plugins you wish to add to the stack. Once you have added the desired effects, you may start previewing them by pressing the Play button.
Despite not being a multi-track editor, you shall add sounds and merge music and voice together. It is a very user-friendly portable light application for beginners. If you are an Apple user, do check this out.
No posts found
No FAQ found